I want to thank everyone for coming out and making our Tea Party such a success! I estimate we had over 300 people come by. Some stopped for a while, some just dropped a tea bag or message off. We had some great coverage from the Herald Banner.
Pat Abramson took lots of photos I hope to have posted here very soon. I appreciate your patience, I was reluctant to take this on because I’m so busy with other projects, but I’ll do my best and hopefully I’ll find a few dedicated helpers, as well!
The notices will probably come in spurts, depending on what is going on with our government at the time. You may not hear from me for a while and you may get a couple of notices in a day, it will just depend. (It will be busier at first.) To get started send me an email email@example.com
GREENVILLE TEA PARTIERS UNITE!
We came out today, now what???? Let’s keep this ball rolling! This is just the beginning, folks!!!
Please commit to these things:
1. Educate yourself - start with the Constitution, Bastiat’s the Law, Austrian economics, our monetary system, true history, not government schools‘ propaganda.
2. Stay connected for future events, demonstrations, educational, legislative alerts, etc.
3. Set differences aside, we won’t all agree on everything, but we must come together and WORK together where we can agree. This will be NON or TRANS PARTISAN.
4. Tell others! We must step outside our comfort zones, we must reach people! Carry flyers around with you to give to people you come in contact with.
5. Call one of your legislators each weekday. We have 2 US Senators, 1 State Senator, 1 US Representative, 1 State Representative. Call one of them every day. Call about current alerts or ongoing projects that we need them to co-sponsor. Or just to tell them you are watching their voting record! It can be easier to contact their local offices, if it’s really urgent, call both!
6. Write one snail mail letter each week to one of those legislators. There are online tools that make this easier.
7. Show up to local city council meetings, commissioner’s court meetings, school board meetings, request transparency in spending. Just our presence will let them know we are watching!
Some helpful websites to accomplish these things: (some have alerts you can receive)
www.downsizedc.org www.jbs.org www.texasturf.org www.mises.org www.511campaign.org www.empowertexans.com www.campaignforliberty.com
Google Bastiat’s the Law and read online only 70+ pages or try the library
www.americansforprosperity.com/texas www.gunowners.org www.jpfo.org www.constitution.org www.blackboxvoting.org www.committeesofsafety.org